Physical cryptocurrency cards are not a brand new phenomenon but Weld’s fresh offering has a slight twist, in that its card service will be aimed at untapped audiences in Eastern Europe. While the region has one of the highest concentrated levels of adoption for crypto, there is currently no payment card available for its crypto wallet holders.
Bridging the worlds of crypto with traditional finance, Weld’s app will allow users in Eastern Europe to connect a Visa or Mastercard credit card to their CEX or DEX wallet. The card can then be used like any normal bank card to make day-to-day payments backed by any crypto wallet via Apple Pay and Google Pay and with zero blockchain fees or taxes incurred.
In addition, the app will provide its users with a 360° view on their personal finances, seeing and managing all their fiat cards, accounts, and cryptocurrency wallets in one convenient location. Additional wallets can also be added from third-party services or crypto exchanges. Later, payment options will be available for other digital assets, such as balances for Steam, Twitch, and more.
While the initial release of the app is planned for October 2021, Weld is getting the ball rolling this month with the launch of its $WELD token on ZENDIT as a BEP-20 token!
What is Weld?
- Weld is an app that allows existing credit cards to be used for day-to-day cryptocurrency payments. It is aimed at Eastern Europe where there is currently no product of this type.
- When client users initiate a payment, Weld will block a crypto balance from their wallet. Weld will then allow the bank to process the payment transaction and process it from the overdraft balance. One processed, Weld will repay the overdraft to the bank.
- The Weld app is fully PCI DSS security compliant.
- Operates on transparent pricing with no hidden fees. Users pay for what they use.
Round Tier and Terms:
- Public Round Tokens
- 20% unlocked upon TGE on September 22nd, 5 PM UTC, with 80% over 4 months.
WELD ZENDIT Pool Details
- Token Ticker: $WELD
- Token Type: BEP-20
- Total Raise Amount: $120,000
- Total Available Tokens: 1,600,000 $WELD
- 2 Pools: Tier 0 Pool, Private Sherpa Pool
- Asset Pool Pair: BUSD/WELD
- USD Token exchange offering Price: $0.075
Sherpas will be eligible to enter the highest participation tier they qualify for on a per-wallet basis. Each individual wallet may only participate in one Sherpa tier and will also automatically be able to participate in the public tier if they qualify.
Applicants can hold or stake ERC-20, BEP-20 or Polygon OM. Supplied OM refers to OM supplied on ZENTEREST or zenOM. Staked OM refers to OM staked in our staking contract or sOM.
Our participation tiers for ZENDIT from highest to lowest are:
Tier 0 OLYMPUS MONS — Supplying 188,000 OM
- Total Pool Allocation Amount: $20,000.
Tier 1 EVEREST — Supplying 50,000 OM
- Max Allocation Amount: $1,000.
Tier 2 ACONCAGUA — Staking/Supplying 40,000 OM
- Max Allocation Amount: $800.
Tier 3 DENALI — Holding/Staking/Supplying 30,000 OM
- Max Allocation Amount: $600.
Tier 4 KILIMANJARO — Holding/Staking/Supplying 15,000 OM or holding a “100M OM Staked” NFT
- Max Allocation Amount: $400.
Tier 5 ELBRUS — Holding/Staking/Supplying 8888 OM or holding a MANTRA DAO PolkaPet
- Max Allocation Amount: $200.
Instructions for Whitelisting
- Join the Weld Telegram community: https://t.me/joinchat/ggw3qsSV-hg2MDUy and announcements channel https://t.me/weldmoney
- Follow MANTRA DAO and Weld on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/MANTRADAO & https://twitter.com/MoneyWeld
- Like the announcement tweet about the Weld token launch (on both the ZENDIT and Weld Twitter pages) and also retweet these!
- Final step. Complete this entry form before Monday, September 20th, 12 PM UTC
After the whitelist closes on Monday, September 20th, 12 PM UTC, we will be randomly picking a limited number of Sherpas for each tier who will have access to the pools and will be announcing the winners’ BEP-20 wallet addresses via our Twitter and Official News, and Announcements on Tuesday, September 21st, 12 PM UTC.
Please note that even if you are randomly selected to access the pool this does NOT guarantee you have an allocation and you will need to act fast to take part in the pool!
About MANTRA DAO
MANTRA DAO is a community-governed DeFi platform focused on Staking, Lending, and Governance. Its team aims to leverage crowd wisdom to create a community-governed, transparent, and decentralized ecosystem for web 3.0. Built on a Parity Substrate for the Polkadot ecosystem, MANTRA DAO gives financial control back to the people, so they may store and grow their wealth together.
Weld is a cryptocurrency card allowing easy connection of crypto wallets and to pay for any daily expenses by using the usual contact of the card and the POS terminal. Visa or Mastercard cards are connected via the API to the crypto wallet through the Weld app.