We understand that the Maiar Launchpad process is new for many of you. The team at Elrond has set up a thorough and detailed step-by-step guide that will help you navigate through the process of participating in the public sale of our RIDE token.
Detailed Process Overview
Nov 4–22: Registration & KYC
- The Maiar Launchpad requires you to log in via an Elrond wallet. To do so, you can use either your Maiar App, a Ledger device, the Elrond Web Wallet, or the Maiar DeFi Wallet
- Once logged in, make sure to carefully read all provided information before starting the KYC* procedure
- You have to have completed your KYC* process latest until Nov 22
*KYC stands for “Know Your Customer”. It is a mandatory step to verify your identity in the process of becoming eligible to participate in the public sale of the RIDE token on the Maiar Launchpad. For a detailed overview of the individual KYC steps, please see here.
Nov 24: Buying lottery tickets
The beauty of it: You can buy all of them, none of them, or any number in between. However, the more tickets you choose to buy, the higher your chances will be to win.
- When you buy the tickets, you deposit EGLD into the lottery smart contract. Unique ticket numbers are then assigned to you
- A lottery system is used to match the limited amount of RIDE tokens available for sale with the vast demand
- The tickets* have to be bought with EGLD. The tickets are not deducted from your staked EGLD amount – that is not possible
- Winning tickets allow their holder to claim 5000 RIDE tokens per ticket
*Each lottery ticket amounts to $200. The EGLD price will be set according to the EGLD/USD price that same day (Nov 24).
Nov 25: Lottery draw & winning tickets
Lottery time! The smart contract will randomly select the 10,000 winning tickets (equivalent to the $2,000,000 public sale raise amount). You will be able to see if you won immediately after that.
- The team at Elrond is using a Fisher-Yates shuffling method
- At this point, there is no immediate action needed from your end
Nov 26: Claim RIDE and reclaim your EGLD
- You have to submit a transaction to claim your tokens. Once executed, your RIDE tokens and EGLD will be added to your wallet
- You can see your new RIDE tokens using the Elrond Web Wallet, the Maiar DeFi Wallet, or the Elrond Explorer (Note: The RIDE token is currently not available in the Maiar App)
The Elrond team has also created a dedicated Maiar Launchpad Telegram group which offers you a space to address questions and any issues you might have throughout the process: https://t.me/MaiarLaunchpad
holoride creates an entirely new media category for passengers by connecting Extended Reality (XR) content with data points from the vehicle in real-time. These data points include physical feedback, like acceleration and steering, traffic data, as well as travel route and time. holoride technology provides a new type of immersion into any kind of VR content, creating a breathtaking, immersive experience, and significantly reducing motion sickness.
The tech startup was founded at the end of 2018 in Munich, Germany by Nils Wollny, Marcus Kuehne, Daniel Profendiner, and Audi, who holds a minority stake in the startup.
In April 2021, holoride raised €10 million in its Series A funding round led by Terranet AB, earning the company a €30 million valuation. That same year, holoride won the prestigious SXSW Pitch and was also named Best in Show. It has been hailed “Best of CES 2019” four times, recognized as one of the “100 Best Inventions of 2019” by TIME Magazine, and is part of the global innovation platform “STARTUP AUTOBAHN powered by Plug and Play”.
For more information, visit www.holoride.com